Telesincro Serie Castor: A forgotten spanish computer

Hi there, today i come here to show you a computer that i discovered some time ago researching about Telesincro, the first spanish computing company. This is the Serie Castor, and it was totally forgotten until some time ago when i saw it on this old article about the simo (A Spanish convention form office equipment):

i asked about it to a engineer that worked at Telesincro and managed to get some photos from an old brochure:

Its strange that this computer was forgotten, unlike the factor series of computers that they made between 1967 and 1976. It was launched in 1974 along with a revision of the Factor S.

3 Likes

Very nice! I showed some of your article to OCR and it gave me this:

SERIE CASTOR

Esta serie lanzada por FACTOR son unidades modulares que constituyen un eficiente sistema informático orientado a los procesos administrativos.

Está integrado por consola de entrada, con teclado alfanumérico internacional para almacenar e imprimir y panel conversacional de control del sistema que permite alterar o introducir mensajes no programados. Memoria central que no es afectada por fallos o alteraciones de tensión. Memorla de programa de 2240 pasos de las mayores capacidades a su nivel. Memoria de datos preciso introducir ningún soporte externo para iniciar el proceso. Aplicaciones tipicas desarrolladas en el sistema CASTOR: proceso integrado de facturación y contabilidad. A este respecto los analistas de <Telesincro, Sociedad Anónima>, están preparados para recomendar las soluciones más racionales y rentables a través de este sistema.

Finalmente, merece destacar que la incorporación en todo proceso técnico - contable - administrativo de cusdequier empresa de un equipo FACTOR supone garantiza su continuo funcionamiento, ya que cualquier emergencia puede ser solventada rápidamente al contar su eficlente servicio posventa con la totalidad de recambios de origen. Y no hay que olvidar que la empresa moderna ha confiado muchas de sus vitales funciones a estas máquinas: facturación, nóminas, etc., que son operaciones a reallzar en feche fija y sin demora.

Then I auto-translated to this, which is I hope a useful thing to have done:

This series launched by FACTOR are modular units that constitute an efficient computer system aimed at administrative processes.

It is composed of an entry console, with an international alphanumeric keyboard for storing and printing, and a conversational system control panel that allows unprogrammed messages to be altered or entered. Central memory that is not affected by failures or voltage alterations. Program memory of 2240 steps of the highest abilities at your level. Data memory requires no external media to be introduced to start the process. Typical applications developed in the CASTOR system: integrated billing and accounting process. In this regard, the analysts at <Telesincro, Sociedad Anónima> are prepared to recommend the most rational and profitable solutions through this system.

Finally, it is worth highlighting that the incorporation of a FACTOR team into every technical - accounting - administrative process of any company guarantees its continued operation, since any emergency can be resolved quickly by having its efficient after-sales service with all original spare parts. And we must not forget that the modern company has entrusted many of its vital functions to these machines: billing, payroll, etc., which are operations to be carried out on a fixed date and without delay

2 Likes

As a Canadian, I love the logo for the Serie Castor (= beaver). The front cover of the brochure has some peak 1974 design: Telesincro Factor Serie Castor

(we’ve mentioned Telesincro machines here before: The Factor machines from Telesincro of Catalunya - Hardware - Retro Computing)

3 Likes