Text editor with built-in directory tree

The Mark Simonson Atari post also has a link to some nice chunky fonts inspired by the Atari 8-bit line of computers. (They may be linked in the previous post, as well.)

1 Like

The ultimate tiny font is here:
https://simplifier.neocities.org/index.html
Very bottom of the page.
Ben.

2 Likes

Impressive:

There’s an editor, Ox, featured on HN, which seems to support file trees:

Fitting the retro theme well, it’s lightweight and meant to be able to run on older computers. While there are restrictions regarding Windows (for the lack of an appropriate terminal), I guess, it may run on modern Windows with the Linux subsystem as well.

Ox is a text editor with IDE-like features. It was written in Rust using ANSI escape sequences. It assists developers with programming by providing several tools to speed up and make programming easier and a refreshing alternative to heavily bloated and resource hungry editors such as VS Code and JetBrains. Ox is so lightweight that it can be used on older computers.

It runs in the terminal and runs on platforms like Linux and macOS but doesn’t work on Windows directly (it works if you use WSL) due to a lack of a good command line. There are many text editors out there and each one of them has their flaws and I hope to have a text editor that overcomes many of the burdens and issues.

Ox is not based on any other editor and has been built from the ground up without any base at all.

HN discussion: Ox is a fast text editor, written in Rust, that runs in your terminal | Hacker News

Thank you!
I’ll check it out!

Well,
I got as far as actually getting it to run (Know nothing about Linux). Then ran out of steam when looking into modifying config. Seems like the same thing as Atom, anyway.

Finally got it the way i want

2 Likes

What editor You finally found (this on the picture)?