Emate 300 Dimensions

Does anyone here know where I can find the physical dimensions of the Emate 300? I’d like to see how difficult it would be to gut one and put the innards of a cheap tablet in it. The idea is to have a “laptop” that is both functional and sturdy. This idea partially comes from the Batman movie that featured Batgirl. The character had what looked like an
Emate, but the screen was in color and looked to be more functional. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

According to Apple’s product information sheet the eMate 300’s size and weight are as follows:

• Height: 12.0 in. (30.5 cm)
  • Width: 11.4 in. (29.0 cm)
  • Depth: 2.1 in. (5.3 cm)
  • Weight: 4.0 lb. (1.8 kg)

p.s. Here’s a link to the data sheet:

1 Like

Thanks for the info and link. What I was looking for was the size of the screen in inches. I want to see if I could use the screen from the tablet for the conversion.

I do like the eMate, but it was basically just a word processor in a case that was built like a tank.:smile:

This link probably won’t give you the information you’re looking for, but it does have a little bit of useful information:

Regarding the Industrial Design aspects the video fails to mention two important things about the eMate 300:

1. that its chief industrial designer was [Thomas Meyerhoffer](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Meyerhoffer#Select_projects), who also designed the Danger Hiptop/T-Mobile Sidekick and the Chumby
  2. that it also strongly influenced the shape of another Apple product, the much more “serious” PowerBook G3 Wallstreet
2 Likes

Sacrilege. That’s like putting a Chevy 350 in to a Hemi 'Cuda.

You’re acting like people haven’t done that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just what I wanted to know. Thanks.

I loved my eMate back when I had one.

My main problem was that there really wan’t much software for it. Basically, it was a word processor for kids.