Stumbled on this 1990 video, showcasing the design and programming of computer graphics:
The Symbolics Graphics Division (SGD, founded in 1982, sold to Nichimen Graphics in 1992) developed the S-Graphics software suite (S-Paint, S-Geometry, S-Dynamics, S-Render) for Symbolics Genera.
This software was also used to create a few computer animated movies and was used for some popular movies.
- 1984, graphics for the little screens on the bridges of the Enterprise and the Klingon ship in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- 1985, 3D animations for Real Genius
- 1987, Symbolics, Stanley and Stella in: Breaking the Ice
- 1989, Symbolics, The Little Death (youtube link)
- 1990, Symbolics, Ductile Flow, presented at SIGGRAPH 1990
- 1990, 3D animations for Jetsons: The Movie
- 1991, Symbolics, Virtually Yours (youtube link)
- 1993, 3D animation of the Orca for Free Willy