Kickstarter launched by Commodore executive David Pleasance - Amiga Global Alliance

Former Commodore executive David Pleasance has launched a new Kickstarter to fund the creation of Amiga Global Alliance (AGA), which will be a central hub for all Commodore users and providers to collaborate.

The Kickstarter runs from June 1, 2023 to July 1, 2023 (1:06 pm EDT). The AGA website itself will launch on August 1, 2023. For more information, please visit the link below:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amigaglobalalliance/announcing-a-brand-new-aga-for-2023-amiga-global-alliance

So how are they going to get very far without support from either of the disputed Commodore IP holders? If a group gets the support of one alleged IP holder, the other will surely send a cease-and-desist. It happens to new C= hardware projects all the time.

David P may have been senior at Commodore UK at one time, but he doesn’t hold any rights.

I’ve got no inside track on this, but I’m assuming (hoping) Pleasance has done his homework of getting clearance from those rights holders. With a dozen years of experience under his belt as a Commodore manager / executive, I’d like to think that was one of the first bridges he crossed last year.

Let’s see what happens!

I should mention the rewards to everyone…

The rewards include a 1-year AGA membership, several Commodore books, documentary films, a C64 game, and music to enjoy.

Hope that helps.

Just trying to understand what this ‘global alliance’ is - it appears to be a (proposal for a) (sophisticated) website, to host resources and discussions related to Commodore products, both 8bit and Amiga. The distinctive element, if I understand correctly, being that one must be a paying subscriber in order to participate.

There are, of course, already free forums where one can share ideas and knowledge about Commodore products. Just possibly there’s a place for a paid hub - we’ll see how the kickstarter goes.

1 Like

As a reaction to this, https://boing.directory/ was created as a joke, but as it seems to be getting some traction, the creator has decided to invest some time into filling it out:

1 Like