Introduce yourself thread

Hi, everyone. I’m Seiji Kaneko from Japan, and started 8-bit machines in the
late 80’s, and I returned to classic handmade computing about 3 years before.
Recent works includes TMS9900/99105 board, M50747 CPU(MELPS 740) board, and
now playing SC/MP-III NIBL (not INS8073, but 8070) board, but a few CPU board
will follow :slight_smile:
Looking forward opinions and intersting topics.

5 Likes

Welcome - nice-looking board! I wrote a thread elsewhere on this CPU
Mitsubishi’s super-6502-like 7700 core and 7900 follow-up

Hello!

Cefiar aka Cef aka Stuart, originally from Melbourne, Victoria (Australia), but now living in Canberra.

Used to run a multi-line BBS between 1988 and 1996 (called Hard Rock Cafe / Cafe / Cafe Chrome over the years). Started with 4 lines and ended up with 7 (8 rarely if I let someone on using my personal phone line) by the end of things. Have a bit of a collection of old modems and similar stuff, including most of the old BBS hardware (not in a running condition atm).

Grew up on an Apple II clone at home and Apple II’s at school. Did have an actual IIgs at one point, but ended up with a fair exposure to the C64, BBC, System80, AtariST, Amiga, 68K Macs, and of course IBM PC’s (clones mostly), mostly either thru owning or hanging out at friends places a lot. Worked for many years with barcoding devices (Symbol, Denso, Datalogic, Telxon, etc), Point of Sale setups, and serial data comms (pabx data collection, modems, terminals, etc) in the 1990’s-2000’s.

Recently restored an Applix1616 as part of the October RetroChallenge for 2023. RetroChallenge 2023/10 - Applix1616 restoration/documentation - #33 by Cefiar - Retrochallenge2023/10 - Australian Computer Museum Society Forum - Still more to do on that front, once I get back to it.

PS: Hi EdS! :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome @Cefiar good to see you here!

I’m a fan of writing emulators: MSX, ZXSpectrum, C64, 8086 (working on), PDP11 and SGI Indy (working on).
my emulators
Started my computer journey back in around 1985 on a Philips VG8020 MSX system (Z80 with 64 kB of RAM).

3 Likes